Hey Frolicious Beauties! Did you know that onion juice increases healthy hair growth? I’m in the middle of a huge set back. Okay, I must admit that I was more focused on other things besides my hair. One day, I was running my fingers through my hair and noticed some breakage along my crown and along my edges. Well, I know that there are foods for hair growth, however, I’ve never thought about onions. For me, it’s now time to start paying more attention to my hair. I’m saying hello to natural remedies making the most of what mother nature has to offer.
Like many Frolicious Beauties, I am now focusing on healthy hair, and I’m going to try my best to share my experiences with you. However, I’m not sure how onion juice increases healthy hair growth. To be honest with you, I would like to see the face on my boyfriend when he sees me chopping an onion and adding the onion juice to my hair instead of making dinner. That imagery makes me laugh out loud. But according to my research, it seems that onion juice does increases healthy hair growth.
Onion Juice Increases Healthy Hair Growth
So, before you use all the onions for your dinner, better save some for your hair and let me explain how our hair grows. Our hair is made up of a protein called keratin that is produced in the hair follicles. As follicles produce new hair cells, old cells are pushed out through the surface of the skin at the rate of about six inches a year. The hair that you can see is actually a string of dead keratin cells. We lose up to 100 hair strands a day. But how does onion juices increases healthy hair growth?
The juice of onions have been used for centuries to help with thinning hair. It encourages circulation around the hair follicles. Onion juice also regenerates hair follicles. This remedy is regarded as one of most effective and oldest ones. The secret is, that onions contain sulphur (sulfur), which is known to improve hair growth. Sulfur is an essential element for all life, and is widely used in biochemical processes.
How to Make Onion Juice
Let’s make some fresh onion juice now.
- Peel two to four onions (I prefer the red ones) and cut them into slices.
- Use a juicer or a blender to extract the juice.
You can also purchase onion juice online if you don’t have the time to make it. Just keep in mind that fresh onion juice is better than the preserved one.
How to Apply the Onion Juice to Your Hair
- Part your hair in four or more sections and apply it on your scalp.
- Let it sit for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo. In order to stimulate your follicles try this every other day for a month. They say you will see a difference.
30 Day Grow Your Hair Onion Juice Challenge
I am super excited! I decided to do a challenge to grow my hair back. Are you joining me? It will run from Monday, March 14th until Thursday, April 14th. Join me now and receive weekly information and recipes on how to include onion juice into your hair routine. Are you looking for a simple hair regime?
- Sign up for the #GrowYourHairOJC newsletter– this is how you will get all the information to this challenge.
- Post pictures of your activity at least once a week on social media by using the hashtag #GrowYourHairOJC.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- Eat healthy food and foods that contain omega 3.