The Oscars awards are fast up-coming, so you have the better start making your winner predictions! Although there are we are rounding up the excellent list of nominees this year, some of them have played the best roles that based on real life. The actors took on a famous face in history or even a lesser-known person with a great real story that you want to ever seen. Here’s a long list of Hollywood top who have won a statue for spot-on exposes of real people and also take a look at this short list of memorable performances.
Ben Kingsley, Gandhi
- His real-life role: Mahatma Gandhi
- Why he’s famous: He was an Indian leader and peacemaker, and he was inspiring many civil rights movements.
- The award: Best actor, 1983
Geoffrey Rush, Shine
- His real-life role: David Helfgott
- Why he’s famous: David Helfgott was a child prodigy and concert pianist despite having schizoaffective disorder.
- The award: Best actor, 1996
Julia Roberts, Erin Brockovich
- Her real-life role: Erin Brockovich
- Why she’s famous: He was knowing as a legal clerk, Brockovich uncovered a multimillion dollar scandal against utility company PG&E.
- The award: As a best actor, in 2001
Adrien Brody, The Pianist
- The real-life role: Wladyslaw Szpilman
- The award: He won the award as a best actor, in 2003
- Why he’s famous: He knew as a famous pianist and composer.
Nicole Kidman, the Hours
- The real-life role: Virginia Woolf
- Why she’s famous: The British author wrote the classics Mrs. Dalloway and A Room of One’s Own.
- The award: Won award as a best actress, in 2003
Charlize Theron, Monster
- Her real-life role: Aileen Wuornos
- Why she’s famous: Wuornos was a former prostitute turned serial killer.
- The award: she won award as a best actress, in 2004
Jamie Foxx, Ray
- His real-life role: Ray Charles
- Why he’s famous: The soul singer attained icon status for his legendary voice and ability that helped him to cross over into rock during the ’60s.
- The award: He was knew as a best actor, in 2005
Cate Blanchett, the Aviator
- Her real-life role: Katharine Hepburn
- Why she’s famous: She was knew an Oscar-winning actress, Hepburn had a long-term relationship with Howard Hughes (played by Leonardo DiCaprio in the film).
- The award: She Best supporting actress, in 2005
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Capote
- The real-life role: Truman Capote
- Why he’s famous: Diminutive author Capote wrote Breakfast at Tiffany’s and In Cold Blood.
- The award: As a Best actor, in 2006
Reese Witherspoon, Walk the Line
- The real-life role: June Carter Cash
- Why she’s famous: she was well- known as a country singer and gave a lot of success through her performer when she married Johnny Cash, with whom she continued to make beautiful music.
- The award: Won award as a best actress, in 2006
Forest Whitaker, the Last King of Scotland
- His real-life role: Idi Amin
- Why he’s famous: He was famous as a dictator of Uganda led a bloody regime that resulted in the deaths of at 100,000 to 500,000 citizens.
- The award: As a best actor, in 2007
Helen Mirren, the Queen
- Her real-life role: Queen Elizabeth II
- Why she’s famous: She’s the Queen of England.
- The award: As a best actress, 2007
Marion Cotillard, La Vie en Rose
- Her real-life role: Edith Piaf
- Why she’s famous: Piaf had a private life; she knows as her dramatic and amazing voice, marked by addiction and tragedy.
- The award: as a best actress, 2008
Sean Penn, Milk
- The real-life role: Harvey Milk
- Why he’s famous: Milk was a gay, in modern world he is the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in California.
- The award: Best actor, 2009